Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
TAKE YOUR JOURNEY TO THE TOP.
Your passion for trail riding has no limits and neither should your ATV. The Sportsman 850 Ultimate Trail pulls in the performance you need, with the style you want, and now includes a rear bumper.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2022 Polaris Sportsman 850 Ultimate Trail
Sportsman Recreation / Utility
- FORGE NEW TRAILS: Discover new terrain and push new limits from first ride to last. The Sportsman 850 is forged in toughness and packed with features to tame the rugged off-road.
- SMOOTHEST SUSPENSION: Industry exclusive Independent Rear Suspension not only smooths rough trails, it also further isolates you from bumps and vibrations for even greater all-day riding comfort.
- 48” WIDE STANCE FREEDOM: Ride on designated trail widths of your choosing and explore off-trail with the nimble and easy to maneuver 48” wide stance.
- SUPERIOR GROUND CLEARANCE: When the terrain turns unpredictable, rise above the nasty stuff and avoid obstacles with 11.5” of ground clearance.
- POWERFUL TOWING CAPABILITY: You can tow, pull and drag heavy loads in order to finish big jobs, or get all your gear to camp in one trip, thanks to a massive 1,500 lb of towing capacity.
- ALL-WEATHER RELIABILITY: Extreme cold, heat or precipitation won’t slow you down thanks to the cranking power of the industry’s largest 30 A.H. battery and quick-start reliability of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI).
- INDUSTRY-LEADING CAPACITY: Bring everything you need for the job, hunt or ride with tough, steel reinforced racks and industry-leading 360 lb capacity and 575 lb of payload capability.
- POWER THROUGH THE ELEMENTS: There’s nothing like the wide-open feeling you get from a Sportsman. The power, traction and ground clearance to tame the wildest terrain and always stay in control.
- START YOUR DAY WITH CONFIDENCE: Take charge with the assured capability of the 850. The industry’s largest cranking amp battery to get you started in extreme weather and force to tow the biggest hauls.
- THRILL RIDES HAVE NO CURFEW: Ride on your own terms, day or night with the added visibility of a third handlebar-mounted pod light. An easy-to-read backlit digital display system allows you to manage your speed or track your mileage with just a glance.
Sportsman 850 Ultimate Trail
Front / Rear - Single Lever 3-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
Parking - Park In-Transmission / Lockable Hand Lever
Engine Braking System (EBS)
14 in. (35.6 cm) Aluminum
Front - 27 X 9-14 DURO
Rear - 27 X 11-14 DURO
Overall - 83.25 in. (211.4 cm)
Overall - 50.75 in. (128.9 cm)
Overall - 47.6 in. (120.9 cm)
Estimated Dry - 864 lb. (393 kg)
12 in. (30.5 cm)
53 in. (134.6 cm)
37 in. (94 cm)
Automatic PVT P / R / N / L / H In-line Shifting
One Touch On-Demand AWD / 2WD
All Digital Bluetooth Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Two Tripmeters, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Volt Meter, Coolant Temperature, Hi-Temp Light, Clock, DC Outlet, Text and Call Notifications
LED POD, LED Bumper Lights, Dual LED Brake lights / Taillights
Prostar 4-Stroke SOHC
Electronic Fuel Injection
5.25 gal. (19.9 l)
Front - Sealed High Clearance Arched Dual A-Arm 9 in. (22.9 cm) Travel
Rear - Sealed High Clearance Arched Dual A-Arm, Rolled IRS, 10.25 in. (26 cm) Travel
Electronic Power Steering - Multi Select EPS
1 Person Capacity
Standard 1.25 in. (3.2 cm) Receiver
1,500 lb. (680 kg)
Front Rack - 120 lb. (55 kg)
Rear Rack - 240 lb. (110 kg)
1 person capacity
Cut and Sew
Payload - 575 lb. (261 kg)
Matte Orange Rust
Polaris Pursuit Camo
Active Descent Control, 3,500 lb. Polaris Pro HD Winch with Synthetic Rope, Front Ultimate Series Bumper, Rear Ultimate Series Bumper, Bluetooth Display, In Pod Battery Charge Port, Painted Plastics, Painted Springs
Warning: ATVs can be hazardous to operate and are not intended for on-road use. Polaris adult models are for riders age 16 and older. For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing, and be sure to take a safety training course. For information call 800-342-3764. Check local laws before riding on trails. ©2018 Polaris Industries Inc.
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.