Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
PERFORMANCE TO RIDE EVERYWHERE.
The Sportsman XP 1000 S redefines the sport/rec ATV. Unthinkable stability with 55” stance, control and traction like never before with the 27” Duro Powergrip tires. And soak up massive holes and bumps with 14” performance tuned suspension travel.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2022 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 S
- A CLASS OF CAPABILITY: Nothing stands between you and adventure when riding the Sportsman XP 1000 S. Redefining the boundaries and capabilities of a sport-rec ATV with the 55" wide stance and 14.5" ground clearance deliver unmatched stability, performance and terrain capability.
- DEFINITIVE RIDE AND HANDLING: The Sportsman XP 1000 S does more than just get through the rough stuff, it transforms it with assured control and incredible comfort. Adjustable shocks refine the 11.6” of front travel and 14” of long-travel rear. While a race-inspired steering linkage adds predictable and smooth ride steering.
- CONFIDENCE IN STRENGTH: No matter the task or adventure, you can pack it on or haul. The chassis is built to be tougher and last longer with 31% larger tubing, an upgraded transmission with 25% stronger components, and 15% stronger front differential derived directly from our hardest working RANGER XP 1000.
- STRENGTH IN NUMBERS: More than just incredible performance and capability, the uncompromising design delivers unyielding durability, increased component size and improved designs for the confidence to push further and work harder.
- STRONGER CHASSIS DESIGN: Tow it hard, load it heavy and charge over the harshest terrain - with 31% larger main frame tubing, the chassis is one of the strongest we’ve ever built.
- STRONGER FRONT DIFFERENTIAL: Straight from the job site, the Sportsman XP 1000 S utilizes the proven toughness of the RANGER XP 1000 front differential and half shafts for a 15% increase in component strength.
- STRONGER TRANSMISSION: Hold the throttle wide open, this transmission is built to take it with 25% stronger components designed to perform in harmony with the increased travel, ground clearance and tires.
- CONQUER THE OFF-ROAD: Designed to excel where competitive designs stop. With more travel, more traction and more capability that redefines the category, you’ll unlock performance beyond expectations.
- STABILITY OF A 55-INCH STANCE: Experience a new level of stability and performance with the industry's only 55" wide stance. Confidence to crawl large rocks, navigate deep ruts and explore off-camber mountain trails.
- EXTREME TRACTION OF 27” TIRES: Conform to any terrain and ride with optimum feedback. The front-to-rear matched 27” Duro Powergrip tires provide perfect vehicle balance and traction while resisting punctures.
- LED POD & BUMPER LIGHTS: Start the ride earlier and end later into the night, knowing you can easily see the road ahead with powerful LED lights.
- MORE TRAVEL, MORE CONTROL: Take control in the most challenging terrain with a long-travel suspension design and revised steering geometry that delivers pure performance and capability with no surprises.
- 14” LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION: Experience a plush ride and optimum control with advanced suspension geometry that reduces unwanted wheel scrub and delivers 11.6” of front travel and 14” of long-travel at the rear.
- OVERCOME WITH 14.5” CLEARANCE: Ride above unexpected and rutted terrain. A combination of suspension stroke, arched A-arm design and tire size delivers the all-terrain capability of 14.5” of ground clearance.
- PREDICTABLE STEERING GEOMETRY: Eliminate unwanted and unpredictable bump-steer and conquer trails with the smooth precision and forgiving steering geometry of our exclusive ProSteer linkage.
- PERFORMANCE AND CAPABILITY: With the Sportsman XP 1000 S we invent what a sport/rec ATV could be, we wanted it to do more than ever before with more towing, hauling and storage capabilities competitors can’t match.
- 500 LB RACK CAPACITY: High-capacity racks can bring along whatever you need and more. With a 300 lb rear rack capacity and 200 lb front, the combined 500 lb mark shatters the industry standard.
- 1,750 LB TOWING CAPABILITY: Hook on and go with the biggest loads. With the ability to tow up to 1,750 lb, the Sportsman XP 1000 S can move mountains of work, so you don’t have to.
- STANDARD HITCH AND WINCH: Factory outfitted with the right tools for any job. A standard 2” receiver hitch gives you towing confidence, while a 3,500 lb winch can help you remove downed trees.
Sportsman XP 1000 S
Front / Rear - Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
Parking - Park In-Transmission / Lockable Hand Lever
Active Descent Control - Standard
Engine Braking System (EBS) - Standard
14 in. (35.6 cm) Aluminum
Front - 27 x 9 Duro PowerGrip V2
Rear - 27 x 11 Duro PowerGrip V2
Overall - 82.5 in. (209.5 cm)
Overall - 49.5 in. (125.7 cm)
Overall - 55 in. (140 cm)
Dry - 970 lb. (440 kg)
14.5 in. (36.8 cm)
56.8 in. (144.27 cm)
37 in. (94 cm)
Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H In-line Shifting
Type - One Touch On-Demand AWD/2WD
Final - Shaft
All Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Two Tripmeters, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Volt Meter, Coolant Temperature, Hi-Temp Light, Clock, DC Outlet
LED POD, LED Bumper Lights, Dual LED Brake lights/Taillights
ProStar SOHC 4-Stroke
Electronic Fuel Injections
5.25 gal. (19.9 l)
Front - Sealed Dual A-Arm 11.6 in. (29.5 cm) Travel
Rear - Sealed Dual A-Arms Rolled IRS 14 in. (35.6 cm) Travel
Multi Select EPS
1 Person Capacity
Standard 2 in. (5.08 cm) Receiver
1,750 lb. (794 kg)
Front Rack - 200 lb. (91 kg)
Rear Rack - 300 lb. (136 kg)
Cargo System - Lock & Ride 4 gal. (15l) Front, 2 gal. (8l) Rear
Payload - 715 lb. (324 kg) (includes operator, cargo and accessories)
Other Standard Features - Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, 3,500 lb. Winch, Cut and Sew Seat, Painted Plastics, In Pod Battery Charge Port
Warning: ATVs can be hazardous to operate and are not intended for on-road use. Polaris adult models are for riders age 16 and older. For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing, and be sure to take a safety training course. For information call 800-342-3764. Check local laws before riding on trails. ©2018 Polaris Industries Inc.
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.