Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
With an Ultramatic® automatic transmission, On-Command® 2WD/4WD and fuel injection, this ATV packs big performance into a mid-size machine.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2023 Yamaha Kodiak 450
- TERRAIN-TACKLING GROUND CLEARANCE: The Kodiak 450 offers 9.6 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates to deliver maximum underbelly protection for a wide variety of terrain.
- COMPACT CHASSIS: For precise handling and a confidence-inspiring ride in a variety of terrain conditions, Yamaha built the Kodiak 450 with a compact body design that is significantly less bulky than competitive models.
- SMOOTH FUEL-INJECTED ENGINE: The torquey 421cc SOHC engine is designed to provide a balance of responsive power and smooth character for long riding days with minimal fatigue. Mikuni® fuel injection means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition, while liquid-cooling and a high-volume fan system ensure reliable, consistent performance for years to come.
- ULTRAMATIC® TRANSMISSION: The Ultramatic® transmission is specifically tuned to provide lowered cruising rpm for smooth, quiet operation, and features a gated shifter with park, dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse gear. Even the position of the gated shifter was carefully considered, being moved forward to provide a roomier rider area.
- YAMAHA’S EXCLUSIVE ON-COMMAND® 4WD: The On-Command® 4WD system on the Kodiak 450 lets you switch between 2WD and limited-slip 4WD with the simple push of a button. This driver-controlled system eliminates hesitation or slipping while waiting for computer-controlled systems to engage, a common drawback in some competitor models.
- FRONT DISC BRAKES AND SEALED WET REAR BRAKE: Hydraulic front disc brakes serve up powerful and consistent feel and braking performance to add to rider confidence, while the sealed rear brake is protected from dirt, rocks and mud.
- HEAVY DUTY TIRES: Rugged 25-inch tires feature an aggressive tread pattern and provide a balance of precise steering and optimized comfort to make the most of available traction.
- READY TO TOW AND HAUL: Rugged, large-diameter steel cargo racks with durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 264 pounds combined, and the Kodiak 450 can tow up to 1,322 pounds.
- COMPACT BODY, ROOMY ERGONOMICS: The Kodiak 450 offers a riding position with the same roomy feel as the larger Kodiak 700. With tall handlebars, a seat that is long and plush for improved rider comfort, and large textured floorboards, every aspect of the Kodiak 450 was designed to bring class-leading levels of refinement to the middleweight 4x4 ATV segment.
- RUBBER ENGINE MOUNTS: The Kodiak 450 features specifically-developed rubber engine mounts that isolate vibrations from the engine bay and give the rider one of the smoothest rides ever offered in a utility ATV.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION: The independent double wishbone suspension offers an optimized vehicle stance, light steering and an improved feeling from the shocks across the entire range of travel. With 6.7 inches of front wheel travel and 7.4 inches at the rear, the Kodiak 450 provides excellent rider comfort even in the roughest terrain.
- THOROUGH INSTRUMENTS: A compact all-LCD instrument cluster gives the rider a clear display of speed, transmission status, fuel level and more—all in a modern and compact package.
- STORAGE AND POWER: A standard 12V power port makes it easy to keep devices charged over the course of a long riding day. Under seat storage allows for securing added items during your ride.
- ULTRAMATIC® DURABILITY: Yamaha’s Ultramatic® system earns its place as the most reliable transmission in the market. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced wear, and a sprag clutch provides Yamaha’s renowned all-wheel engine braking.
- HIGH-MOUNTED AIR INTAKES: The Kodiak 450 features high-mounted air intakes to ensure that water and debris can’t get into the drive system or engine air cleaner. These air channels provide plenty of cool, clean air for the engine and ensure that the V-belt remains cool in the toughest working conditions. A reusable foam air filter is accessible without tools for added convenience.
- MARINE-GRADE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Yamaha ATVs feature marine-grade waterproof connectors for maximum weather-proofing, increased durability and improved serviceability.
- SIMPLIFIED SERVICING: The Kodiak 450 powertrain is designed to make service and maintenance as stress-free as possible. The airbox features toolless access to the air filter element, the engine and differential feature convenient oil drain holes, and vehicle electronics are located high on the chassis under the front center panel for easy access.
- AGGRESSIVE AND DURABLE STYLING: Styling cues are borrowed directly from Yamaha’s industry-leading range of big-bore ATVs, including the uniquely textured, injection-molded fenders which protect against rock and debris damage while remaining good looking season after season.
- READY TO PERSONALIZE: With winch wiring pre-installed at the factory and a range of Yamaha Genuine Accessories designed in concert with the machine, the Kodiak 450 is ready to be configured to suit nearly any job, from towing and field work to hunting and recreational riding.
- BUILT REAL WORLD TOUGH®, ASSEMBLED IN THE USA: As with other Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Kodiak 450 is assembled in the USA to meet Yamaha’s exacting standards for durability and reliability.
- 10-YEAR-BELT WARRANTY: The Kodiak 450 transmission uses its own cooling intake to maintain proper temperatures, an oversized belt to handle the torque of the large motor and Yamaha’s unique sprag clutch to maintain constant belt tension. The end result is a drivetrain built for years of trouble-free service that leaves the competition in the dust, and is backed by the industry's only 10-Year V-Belt Limited Warranty.
- ULTRAMATIC® AND ON-COMMAND®: The Kodiak 450 brings Yamaha’s renowned combination of the industry’s most durable automatic transmission—Ultramatic®—with the rider-centric control and traction of On-Command® selectable 4WD. The result is outstanding capability with the confidence to get you through the most challenging terrain and back again.
- TERRAINABILITY: With standard full-length skid plates, nearly 10 inches of ground clearance and independent double wishbone suspension with adjustable shocks, the Kodiak 450 is ready to tackle rough terrain without breaking a sweat—and with the sort of rider comfort that makes long rides a blast too.
- COMPACT CHASSIS: Unlike many middleweight utility ATVs, the Kodiak 450 isn’t just a smaller engine under a full-size body. Yamaha built the Kodiak 450 from the ground up to give riders a compact chassis for precise handling and maneuverability on the trail.
- ROOMY ERGONOMICS: To ensure that riders of all sizes can make the most of the Kodiak 450, the ergonomics were designed for maximum flexibility. Riders large and small have room to move around thanks to a long, comfortable seat and wide floorboards. The handlebar bend is shaped for riders of various heights to improve comfort for any rider.
- REAL-WORLD TOUGH®: Like all Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Kodiak 450 uses a range of features to improve durability and serviceability, from the toolless air filter design and oil drain ports to the high-mounted air intakes and marine-grade electrical connectors.
Front - Dual hydraulic disc
Rear - Multi-disk wet
Front - AT25 x 8-12
Rear - AT25 x 10-12
Maximum - 9.6 in.
Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
Final - On-Command selectable 2WD or 4WD; shaft
SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke
84.5 x 75 mm
Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 34 mm
Front - Independent double wishbone; 6.7 in. travel
Rear - Independent double wishbone; 7.4 in. travel
Front rack - 88 lb.
Rear rack - 176 lb.
Limited Factory - 6 Months
V-Belt Limited - 10 Years
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call 1-800-887-2887. ATV’s can be hazardous to operate.
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.