Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
FIRST-TIME RIDER, LIFELONG MEMORIES
Boasting electric start, automatic transmission and parental controls, this model is perfect for riders age 6 and up.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2022 Yamaha YFZ50
Chassis / Suspension
- SPORTY CHASSIS: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock rear suspension for good control and comfort.
- COMFORTABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: The YFZ50 is designed to be comfortable and accessible for new ATV riders. With its roomy ergonomics, plush seat and wide floorboards, riders 6 and up won’t quickly outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement.
- OPTIMIZED TIRES: Duro® low-profile tires—AT16 x 6.5-7 front and AT16 x 7-7 rear—give YFZ50 aggressive looks and sporty handling.
- SECURE STOPPING POWER: For reliable stopping power, three sealed drum brakes bring the YFZ50 to a secure stop. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake too.
- ENGINE LIMITER AND TETHER SWITCH: To help young beginners grow into accomplished ATV riders, the YFZ50 includes a two-stage rpm limiter, as well as a throttle limiter to match engine performance to the rider’s advancing skill level. A tethered switch also allows parents to closely monitor new riders and cut power to the engine if necessary, so young enthusiasts can safely learn the basics of ATV control.
- ROBUST 49CC ENGINE: The 49cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. The motor is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long engine life, and uses ultra-reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- ELECTRIC STARTER: Push-button electric starting comes standard and is powered by a reliable sealed battery. For additional peace of mind, a kick starter is also provided.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature new riders will particularly appreciate.
- SPORTY DRIVETRAIN: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a robust chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- LOW MAINTENANCE DESIGN: Servicing is easy, thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element. The exhaust includes a standard spark arrestor as well.
- MODERN, RELIABLE ELECTRONICS: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance with a strong, efficient spark. The sealed, maintenance-free battery provides worry-free operation.
- YAMAHA SPORT ATV DNA: The YFZ50 offers the same sporty looks as the rest of the YFZ family for an exciting sport ATV style.
- BEGINNER-FRIENDLY FOUR-STROKE PERFORMANCE: The YFZ50 is engineered as the ideal starting point for aspiring ATV riders ages 6 and up. With a low-maintenance 49cc engine tuned to develop responsive, controllable performance and engine limiters with a power cut-off tether switch for safety, it's easy for young riders to feel comfortable as they grow their skills.
- REDUCED MAINTENANCE DESIGN: Servicing is simple thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element.
- SCALED DOWN, NOT SCALED BACK: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock for good control and comfort. It also boasts convenient features like a fully automatic CVT transmission and electric start with a back-up kickstart.
- COMFORTABLE CHASSIS: A robust steel frame design incorporates a large 1.5-gallon fuel tank, plush seat and roomy integrated floorboards.
- YAMAHA SPORT ATV DNA: Styling is unmistakably inspired by the race-ready Yamaha YFZ450R. Durable Duro® tires and lightweight wheels further enhance the sporty look and handling character.
Front - Dual drum
Rear - Drum
Front - AT 16 x 6.5-7
Rear - AT 16 x 7-7
Maximum - 3.5 in.
SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke
39 x 41.4 mm
Front - Single I-arm
Front travel - 2.4 in.
Rear - Single shock swingarm
Rear travel - 2 in.
6 Month (Limited Factory)
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call 1-800-887-2887. ATV’s can be hazardous to operate.
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
YFZ50 is recommended for use only by riders 6 years and older and always with adult supervision. Raptor 90 and Grizzly 90 are recommended for use only by riders 10 years and older and always with adult supervision. All other ATV models are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ATV Safety Institute at 1-800-887-2887. Read the Owner’s Manual and the product warning labels before operation. ATVs can be hazardous to operate. For your safety: Always avoid paved surfaces. Never ride on public roads. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing; never carry passengers; never engage in stunt riding; riding and alcohol/drugs don’t mix; avoid excessive speed; and be particularly careful on difficult terrain.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.