Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
ACE OF ALL SURFACES Carbon fiber exhaust, 3 seats, wider foot pegs, and suspension lowered 1 1/2 inches. Stock parts too.
Ride from home and feel the adrenaline build while chasing tarmac curves towards your favourite offroad location. No trailer required just twist the throttle of the KTM 690 ENDURO R, which really comes into its own when the dirt begins and the trail gets more extreme. Its lightweight chassis, aggressive styling, and trusted 690 LC4 motor, are enhanced by the latest electronics and WP XPLOR suspension. Master more challenging terrain on this lightweight, high-performance king of versatility.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R
- FRAME: The trellis frame is manufactured from lightweight sections of top-quality chrome-molybdenum steel tubing of varying thicknesses. This type of balanced frame design provides high torsional rigidity for best handling and rideability, while a more specifically-tuned longitudinal flexibility can absorb the wheel impact energy, supporting the suspension for reduced rider fatigue.
- SUBFRAME: The innovative use of the rear fuel tank as the main structural element of the subframe, keeps weight low and eliminates design complexity.
- SWINGARM: The swingarm design allows for an optimal mounting position of the rear shock ensuring a high progression rate. The single-component casting process eliminates any inconsistencies and weak points that would be inherent in a welded swingarm.
- TRIPLE CLAMP: Highly rigid forged triple clamps with an offset of 24 mm (adjustable to 22 mm), provide a solid grip on the forks for precise handling. They allow forwards and backwards adjustment of the handlebars in four different positions for optimum rider ergonomics.
- FRONT FORK: Riding over rough terrain is made easier with the WP XPLOR 48 upside-down fork. The KTM 690 ENDURO R's split fork design was originally developed by WP and KTM for the EXC models. It is fitted with springs on both sides with separate damping functions - compression on the left and rebound on the right-hand side. They have no negative influence on each other. Therefore, damping can easily be adjusted via the dials on top of both fork tubes, with 30 clicks of adjustment each.
- REAR SHOCK: The WP XPLOR shock absorber is connected to the swingarm by a linkage. This ensures a progressive suspension character and a high resistance to bottoming out. Fully adjustable, including high and low-speed compression, you can set up the shock absorber to any circumstances and rider preference.
- WHEELS & TIRES: The KTM wheels use lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end 21" and 18" rims to combine maximum strength with minimum weight. The rims are wrapped with MITAS E07 tires - offering excellent grip and great lifespan.
- BRAKES: Sublime class-leading BREMBO brakes combined with lightweight wave discs - 300 mm diameter front and 240 mm on the rear wheel - to provide a crucial combination of stopping power and a consistent brake feel.
- FUEL TANK: The large fuel tank has a capacity of 13.5 liters. It is also a load bearing part of the chassis, making it stiffer for optimal feeling and control.
Engine & Exhaust
- ENGINE: The engine combines powerful acceleration from the very lowest revs with an outstanding free-revving nature and refined engine running. Another big plus: It's extremely economical with fuel.
- CYLINDER HEAD: A lightweight, compact cylinder head contains four valves and a single camshaft placed over the intake valves, with a secondary balancer shaft driven by the timing chain. The intake valves are actuated by finger followers and the exhaust valves by a rocker arm.
- RESONATOR CHAMBER: A resonator chamber balances out pulses in the intake tract and makes the throttle response smoother with reduced vibrations.
- BALANCER SHAFT: Twin balancer shafts, one in front of the crankshaft and the other in the cylinder head, reduce vibration for a smoother ride.
- PISTON: The lightweight and durable forged piston is designed to reduce reciprocating mass which improves engine response.
- CONRODS: Plain bearings are used in the conrod to ensure a reduced reciprocating mass, which helps the engine run smoother and therefore enhances its lively character.
- PASC CLUTCH: The PASC (Power Assist Clutch) ensures the rider needs minimal input to operate it, due to reduced engine torque transferring to the clutch plates. The slipper clutch prevents rear wheel lock-up under aggressive downshifting, which reduces destabilizing rear wheel chatter on the tarmac when braking sharply or decelerating into turns.
- GEARBOX: The smooth 6-speed gearbox with Quickshifter+ allows quicker clutchless up and downshifts when you're in the thick of the action. This not only enables the rider to be in more control of the motorcycle by keeping a full grip of the handlebars, but also improves rear wheel traction.
- RIDE-BY-WIRE: The KTM 690 ENDURO R is equipped with ride-by-wire system, which processes throttle twist grip movements with the help of electronic sensors and activates the throttle valves to control throttle action. This significantly improves the response, giving the rider better throttle control of the potent single-cylinder and a smoother ride.
- INJECTION / ENGINE MANAGEMENT: Electronic fuel injection and engine management allow performance perfectly suited to the riding conditions. The result: even more and even better controlled power, lower fuel consumption, and less emissions, plus the benefit of features like MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control), MSR (Motor slip regulation), and Quickshifter+. The rider has the choice between two different mappings to influence the engine characteristics. A twin-plug ignition system controls two differently sized spark plugs in the cylinder head independently from each other, for more efficient combustion and a smoother, precisely controlled combustion sequence at all times.
- LONG SERVICE INTERVALS: Besides its fuel efficiency the KTM 690 ENDURO R saves its owner even more money, thanks to long service intervals of 10,000 km.
- SLIPPER CLUTCH: Annoying rear wheel chatter? This is prevented by the slipper clutch that's fitted as standard.
- EXHAUST: The exhaust system is made using high-quality stainless steel. It's routed as close as possible to the bike to help with the slim profile, and the exhaust shape has been optimized for hard offroad usage.
- AIRBOX: Accessing the airfilter during a ride is easy thanks to the airbox being located under the seat. This makes servicing the bike simple, and stress free, when you're off the beaten track.
Ergonomics & Comfort
- HANDLEBAR: The lightweight tapered 808 mm wide handlebars are rubber mounted to reduce vibrations. Their width and shape are aimed at providing maximum control in all situations.
- FOOTPEGS: Sophisticated "No Dirt" foot pegs prevent jamming up of the pegs, even when digging your way through deep ruts or navigating wet terrain. Rubber inserts can be mounted for street use to help reduce any vibration that might be felt through the pegs on smooth roads.
- SEATS: The KTM 690 ENDURO R's seat height is 910 mm for ease of access without sacrificing ground clearance, while the seat material is developed for offroad usage, and is slightly textured to guarantee optimum wet and dry grip.
Software & Electronics
- DASHBOARD: The dashboard provides the rider with essential information in an easy-to-read layout.
- RIDER AIDS: Electronic fuel injection, ride-by-wire and the engine management system (EMS) make it possible to offer innovative yet easy-to-use electronic rider aids. These features can be selected, deselected and utilized to put the potent new-generation LC4 motor to effective use in a much wider range of terrain types and conditions.
- RIDE MODES: Two ride modes (1) Street mode (2) Offroad mode: "Street mode" for sporty throttle response where wheel slip and wheelies are kept to a minimum for optimal street performance. Two channel ABS functionality with ABS activated on the front and rear wheel is the standard setting for the ABS in Street mode. "Offroad mode", by contrast, produces smooth throttle response with Offroad Traction Control, which allows wheel slip and front wheel lifting without hindering performance. The modes are easily switched over from the handlebar, making adjustment to the character of the engine possible on the fly. Traction control can be disabled if needed. In Offroad mode, the setting disengages rear wheel ABS for that important rear braking feel for low-traction terrain.
- LEAN ANGLE SENSOR: A lean-angle sensor keeps track of the angle of the bike and send information to the ECU and relevant control units, which use this data to adjust traction control and ABS actuation.
- MTC (MOTORCYCLE TRACTION CONTROL): The MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control) lean-angle sensitive traction control system reacts immediately the instant the rear wheel rotation speed becomes disproportionate to the riding situation. In mere milliseconds MTC reduces engine output with an extremely smooth, barely perceptible intervention at the throttle valves, until slippage is reduced to optimum proportions for the selected ride mode and current angle of lean. For particularly ambitious riders, the traction control can also be switched off.
- QUICKSHIFTER+: Quickshifter+ uses two sensors, where one sensor on the shift arm detects the movement on the shift lever rod when the rider upshifts and the system cuts the injection instantaneously. As soon as the second sensor detects the gear engagement it reapplies the injection and opens the butterfly valve, ensuring fast and smooth action at all throttle openings and engine speeds. When downshifting, the system matches the engine speed to the speed of the lower gear.
- CORNERING ABS: KTM's Cornering ABS mode allows riders to always use the full power of their brakes in all conditions, while taking the lean angle of the motorcycle into account. In the optional Offroad ABS mode, the ABS only acts upon the front wheel, while cornering-sensitivity is disabled. In extreme scenarios, the rider can also choose to disable the ABS completely.
- OFFROAD ABS: When activated, ABS work on the front wheel only in the offroad ABS mode of the KTM 690 ENDURO R. The rider can then fully lock up the rear wheel for offroad vehicle control, while reduced ABS activation on the front wheel helps with effective deceleration on loose surfaces. The ABS is no longer lean angle sensitive in this mode, nor does it detect the rear wheel lifting.
Front - 300 mm disc diameter
Rear - 240 mm disc diameter
ABS - Bosch 9.1 MP (incl. Cornering-ABS and offroad mode, disengageable)
X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
Bore x Stroke
4.1 x 3.1 in. (105 x 80 mm)
APTC(TM) slipper, hydraulically actuated
Keihin EMS with RBW
Forced oil with 2 oil pumps
Chrome-moly tubular space, powder-coated
WP XPLOR-USD, Ø 48 mm
WP XPLOR with Pro-Lever linkage
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.