Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
LEVEL UP YOUR PERFORMANCE Has many options, call sales at 800-767-7394. One owner, we sold new.
Designed to be the perfect step up to a full size X-country machine, this light weight 2-stroke is the pinnacle of fun on the race course.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2020 Yamaha YZ125X
Chassis / Suspension
- INDUSTRY-LEADING KYB® FORK: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed-sensitive damping uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride, with minimal wasted stroke or abrupt shocks for the rider—all tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- SMOOTH KYB® SHOCK: Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort, control and fantastic rear wheel traction in off-road conditions.
- YZ-BASED FRAME: A carefully engineered aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125X the famous handling proven by the championship winning YZ motocrosser on tracks around the world.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SUBFRAME: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- 270 MM FRONT BRAKE: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with high-performance pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- ENDURO-SPECIFIC WHEELS AND TIRES: Cross-country-spec Dunlop® Geomax® AT81 tires front and rear are ready to head straight to the races. An 18-inch rear tire has a taller sidewall to improve comfort and reduce pinch flats.
- GNCC®-TUNED YZ125 POWER: Based on the legendary 125cc liquid-cooled, reed-valve-inducted YZ two-stroke engine, the YZ125X utilizes a revised compression ratio, Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) timing, and a model-specific CDI unit—all focused on creating broad power delivery that suits off-road terrain and a wide range of rider skill levels.
- REVISED POWER VALUE: The YZ125X features the patented Yamaha Power Valve System—with broader opening timing compared to the motocross version for smoother power—to create a smooth balance of power across the rev range.
- NARROW EXHAUST PIPE: The compact exhaust expansion chamber provides both horizontal and vertical clearance on tight, technical trails, while still providing excellent exhaust efficiency.
- RACING INTAKE SYSTEM: Specially designed carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- SIX-SPEED TRANSMISSION: Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission ensures proper gearing from tight woods sections to wide-open fire roads maximizing the power delivery form the two-stroke powerplant.
- YZ125 COOLING SYSTEM: Large-capacity radiator features a large cooling core with protective louvers for maximum cooling efficiency and durability in racing conditions.
- DIGITAL IGNITION: Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband, specifically tuned for the needs of the YZ125X.
- DIGITAL IGNITION: Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband, specifically tuned for the needs of the YZ250X.
- CROSS-COUNTRY ERGONOMICS: A racy "gripper" type seat and narrow fuel tank combine with a tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable mounts to create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- CROSS-COUNTRY FEATURES: The YZ125X comes equipped with off-road focused tires with an 18” rear wheel, larger rear sprocket, a side stand, sealed O-ring chain and a reserve fuel petcock.
- TWO-STROKE AGILITY, TUNED FOR CROSS-COUNTRY AND HARE SCRAMBLES RACING: The all-new YZ125X™ is optimized for the unique demands of Hare Scrambles and GNCC® racing. The YPVS™-equipped 125cc two-stroke engine is combined with a six-speed transmission for the ultimate cross-country power plant.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM FRAME: Ultra-lightweight YZ125™-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex, with industry-leading fully adjustable, KYB® speed sensitive spring-type suspension tested and tuned specifically for the needs of cross-country racers.
- GNCC®-SPECIFIC FEATURES: 18-inch rear wheel, sealed O-ring chain, off-road focused tires and suspension settings, a standard side stand and fuel tank petcock with reserve position.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING SUSPENSION: Yamaha’s renowned spring-type KYB® fork is matched with a long-travel shock, both fully adjustable and tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- RACING STYLE AND ERGONOMICS: The YZ125X carries the racing heritage of the YZ motocrosser with aggressive styling from front fender to the rear brake protector, and is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum tapered handlebar, YZ-F-style foot pegs, gripper seat, and Dunlop® tires.
Front - 270 mm hydraulic disc
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
Rear - 110/90-18 Dunlop® AT81
Maximum - 13.8 in.
2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke
54 x 54.5 mm
KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 11.8 in. travel
KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4 in. travel
Caster angle - 26.8°
30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.