Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
The ultimate Sport Scooter with a liquid-cooled engine that is both fuel efficient and performance proven.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2022 Yamaha XMAX
Chassis / Suspension
- MAX SERIES DNA: The XMAX pushes the design envelope with advanced sport styling and aggressive, angular cues that set this Yamaha way ahead of the competition with its high-class appearance that elevates the XMAX beyond expectations.
- MOTORCYCLE-TYPE FRONT FORK: Unlike most scooters, the XMAX features a large motorcycle-type front fork that bolts to the steering stem at both the top and bottom triple clamps. This provides an ideal balance of strength and chassis rigidity, and better damping feel and shock absorption when compared to typical scooter-style forks.
- LIGHTWEIGHT STEEL FRAME: Designed for light and neutral handling character, the XMAX’s steel frame results in a wet weight of only 397 pounds fully fueled which makes for exceptional maneuverability.
- LARGE WHEELS AND TIRES: The XMAX features large 15-inch front and 14-inch rear wheels for enhanced handling and sporty style. The XMAX also mounts the latest Dunlop® Scoot Smart tires for excellent traction in both wet and dry conditions.
- ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM: With large 267mm front and 245mm rear disc brakes, the XMAX gives the rider controllable braking power. Backed by the security of Yamaha’s anti-lock braking system, you'll have confidence in all sorts of road conditions.
- ADVANCED 292CC ENGINE: The XMAX is powered by an advanced 292cc liquid-cooled, four-valve single that develops smooth, tractable power. The cylinder is crafted from Yamaha’s DiASil aluminum for excellent heat dissipation, with a lightweight forged piston and forged crankshaft. A counterbalancer ensures minimal vibration while the offset cylinder layout and semi-dry-sump lubrication system help reduce friction and drag inside the engine.
- FULL AUTOMATIC CONVENIENCE: Thanks to Yamaha’s Continuously Variable Transmission, the XMAX offers the convenience of truly ‘twist and go’ riding, with no gears and no clutch. This gives the XMAX an easy-going riding character that is ideal for busting city traffic on weekdays and enjoying a relaxed ride on the weekend. The CVT system also features a large air-cooling path for the drive belt, reducing heat and engine noise significantly.
- FUEL INJECTION AND TRACTION CONTROL: Modern fuel injection features a 12-hole injector for excellent response, and just like Yamaha’s cutting edge supersport and sport-touring machines, the XMAX features a traction control system. The TCS continuously monitors wheel speeds, and if the system detects rear tire slip, the engine smoothly cuts power to help prevent uncontrolled wheelspin.
- IMPRESSIVE FUEL ECONOMY AND RANGE: Thanks to the efficient engine design features and advanced powertrain, the XMAX delivers 75 mpg. Combined with a large 3.4-gallon fuel tank, the XMAX boasts impressive cruising range.
- SMART KEY SYSTEM: Yamaha’s Smart Key system eliminates the need to use the key to access the machine. Starting the bike, accessing the storage compartments and fuel tank, and locking the handlebar can all be done using the proximity Smart Key.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE STORAGE: Further boosting convenience is a huge underseat storage area that locks securely to keep valuables safe and is large enough for two full-face helmets. LED lighting comes standard, and the fairing also includes two additional storage bays, one of which locks electronically and includes a 12V DC outlet.
- LED LIGHTING: Boosting both style and visibility, the XMAX uses LED lighting for sharp, visible taillights and brilliant, roadway illuminating headlights. LEDs also use less power and last much longer than conventional bulbs, reducing maintenance needs.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR & WINDSCREEN: The XMAX includes an adjustable handlebar with 20mm of rearward adjustment, and can be changed quickly with zero additional parts. The XMAX also features a two-position windscreen that can be shifted two inches higher for additional wind protection. Finally, the sculpted saddle makes it easier to reach the ground at stops and works with the floorboards for a flexible all-day riding position.
- READY TO ACCESSORIZE: Personalize your XMAX with a range of Yamaha Genuine Accessories, including luggage, accessory mounts, backrests and more. See the full range of accessories on ShopYamaha.com.
- MAX SERIES DNA: More than just a practical commuter, the stylish XMAX features aggressive, angular bodywork for a high-class appearance that elevates the XMAX beyond expectations.
- SPORTY, FUEL EFFICIENT ENGINE: Featuring technology used in Yamaha’s high-performance sport bikes, the XMAX motor is smooth, efficient and ready for everything from the day-to-day commute to fun rides on the weekend.
- CONVENIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: With a fully-automatic transmission, the XMAX is exceedingly simple to ride and comes standard with an extensive list of rider aids, including traction control and ABS. Combined with a frame designed for light and neutral handling, the XMAX makes for a confidence-inspiring ride on any road.
- LUXURY + COMFORT + PRACTICALITY: High-tech features distance the XMAX from your typical bare-bones scooter, including LED lighting and advanced instrumentation. With plenty of lockable onboard storage, a 12V power port to recharge small devices and an adjustable handlebar and windscreen, the XMAX is a ready to go whenever you are, whether you need to get groceries down the street or head across the state.
Front - 267 mm, hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - 245 mm, hydraulic disc; ABS
Front - 120 / 70-15 Dunlop® Scoot Smart
Rear - 140 / 70-14 Dunlop® Scoot Smart
Maximum - 5.3 in.
4-stroke, SOHC; 4 valves
Bore x Stroke
70.0 x 75.9 mm
Transistor Controlled Ignition (TCI)
Front - 33mm telescopic fork; 4.3 in. travel
Rear - Dual shocks; 3.1 in. travel
1 Year (Limited Factory)
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.