Request More Information
By pressing SUBMIT, you agree that DX1, LLC and Lancaster Sport Cycles may call/text you at the number provided, for either informational or marketing purposes, using an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded/artificial voices. Msg/data rates may apply. You don’t need to consent as a condition of any purchase & you may revoke your consent at any time. You also agree to our Privacy Statement
LEVEL-UP YOUR OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE
Unlock more adventure with the performance, versatility and comfort you need in the industry's premier crossover SxS. Equipped with an ultra-responsive 100 HP engine, True On-Demand AWD, 600 lb dumping cargo box, 1,500 lb towing capacity and rider-optimized premium interior packed into a 60" stance machine.
Request More Information
Schedule a Test Ride
Your down payment cannot be greater than the price.
This is not an offer for credit and should be used for estimation purposes only based on the information you provided. You should not base your decision on this estimate alone. Title, registration, tax and other fees, and personal circumstances such as employment status and personal credit history, were not considered in the calculations.
2023 Polaris General 1000 Sport
- PERFORMANCE WHERE IT MATTERS: When it comes to being a leading adventure side-by-side, true performance is about more than just power.
- ADDED CAPABILITY FOR MAX FUN: Maximize the good times with a machine that won’t call it quits. GENERAL rides on a performance-inspired chassis that roars to life with a 100 horsepower engine and grips the ground with the fastest engaging all-wheel drive in all of off-roading.
- TACKLE TOUGH TRAILS: A full foot of class-leading clearance lets you float over obstacles and avoid damage to your machine while negotiating tough terrain
- MORE GRIP WHERE IT MATTERS: Up to 14" aluminum rally wheels and 27" tires give you improved traction and increased confidence on rough terrain.
- HAUL IT ALL: Be prepared with all the essentials for a long day of adventuring. A 600 lb dumping cargo box gives you the versatility to pack any gear you need for a successful overland adventure.
- PULL WITH POWER: Whether you need to haul firewood or carry gear, drag logs or pull trailers, you can do it all with General’s 1,500 lb tow capacity.
- VERSATILITY FOR WORK & PLAY: GENERAL owners pride themselves on being ready for anything with a machine prepared for everything. From hauling to towing, winching to mowing, no side-by-side in the world is more versatile.
- PROTECT YOUR LAWN: A dash-mounted switch instantly opens the rear differential to help protect your lawn from tire marks and enable tighter turns and increased maneuverability.
- TAKE ON TOUGH TERRAIN: A day of rolling over bumps, ruts, rocks and logs can really take a toll. But thanks to class-leading suspension, smooth and responsive power steering, and stabilizer bars that deliver superior handling, you can put harsh in the rearview mirror.
- SMOOTH OUT HARSH TRAILS: Longer is what makes a ride epic. And the longer your suspension travel, the longer you’ll want to stay out on the trail. GENERAL helps you get more adventure out of your side-by-side with 12.25” travel up front and 13.2” in back.
- DESIGNED TO FIT EVERY RIDER: GENERAL is purpose-built to fit both the driver and rider with tilt steering, a bolstered and sliding driver's seat, and adjustable seat belt height to keep everyone more comfortable over miles of rough terrain.
- COMFORT FOR THE LONG HAUL: Spending the day riding trails is a whole lot of fun, and GENERAL offers the most comfortable ride of any adventure side-by-side so you arrive at your destination ready for what's next. Featuring class-leading suspension that makes quick work of bumps and ruts, smooth and responsive steering that delivers superior handling and bolstered bucket seats and improved rider ergonomics, GENERAL takes the edge off of all-day rides.
Front / Rear - 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front and Rear Calipers
Engine Braking System (EBS) - EDA: Engine Deceleration Assist
Parking - Park In-Transmission
Stance - 60 in. (152.4 cm)
Aluminum - 12 in.
Front - 27x9.00R12 NHS; CST Clincher
Rear - 27x11.00R12 NHS; CST Clincher
Overall - 116.4 in. (295.6 cm)
Overall - 73.8 in. (187.4 cm)
Overall - 62.5 in. (158.7 cm)
Dry - 1,422 lb. (645 kg)
12 in. (30.5 cm)
81 in. (206 cm)
Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H
On-Demand True AWD / 2WD / VersaTrac Turf Mode
Dual-sweep Analog Dials with 4 in. LCD Rider Information Center: User Selectable Blue/Red Backlighting & Brightness, Programmable Service Intervals, Speedometer, Tachometer, Odometer, Tripmeter, Clock, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Coolant Temperature, Voltmeter, Service Indicator and Codes, Seat Belt Reminder Light, Gear Indicator, DC Outlet
55W low / 60W high, LED Taillights
ProStar 1000 4-Stroke DOHC
Electronic Fuel Injection
Fuel Tank Capacity
9.5 gal. (35.9 l)
Dual A-Arm with Stabilizer Bar
Travel - 12.25 in. (31.1 cm)
Shocks - ZF Sachs Twin Tube
Dual Arm IRS with Stabilizer Bar
Travel - 13.2 in. (33.5 cm)
Shocks - ZF Sachs Twin Tube
Electronic Power - Standard
Tilt - Standard
Bolstered Bucket Seats with Driver Seat Slider and Height Adjustable Seat Belts
Cargo Box Length
27.5 in. (69.8 cm)
Cargo Box Height
11.6 in. (29.5 cm)
Cargo Box Width
43.1 in. (109 cm)
Cargo Box Capacity
600 lb. (272 kg) Rear Dumping Box
System - Lock & Ride
Payload - 1,100 lb. (499 kg)
Hitch - 1,500 lb. (680 kg)
Standard 2 in. (5.08 cm) Receiver
Ingress / Egress - Half Doors Standard
Warning: Polaris off-road vehicles can be hazardous to operate and are not intended for on-road use. Driver must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license to operate. Passengers, if permitted, must be at least 12 years old. All riders should always wear helmets, eye protection, and protective clothing. Always use seat belts and cab nets or doors (as equipped). Never engage in stunt driving, and avoid excessive speeds and sharp turns. Riding and alcohol / drugs don’t mix. All riders should take a safety training course. Call 800-342-3764 for additional information. Check local laws before riding on trails. ©2018 Polaris Industries Inc.
Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership.
Images, where available, are presented as reasonable facsimiles of the offered unit and/or manufacturer stock images. Non-standard options or features may be represented. No guarantee of availability or inclusion of displayed options should be inferred; contact the dealer for more details.
Yamaha ATV Disclaimer
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call
Yamaha SXS Disclaimer
Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner’s manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change.
Yamaha Motorcycle Disclaimer
Professional rider(s) on closed area. Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, and protective riding gear. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous. Specifications are subject to change.